Trying to diet and change the way we eat is a tough task, this why portion control is important. Just because you are eating healthy foods does not mean you can gorge yourself and eat as much as you wish.
Contrary to popular belief, in order to lose weight, you do not have to get rid of all your favorite foods even if they may be considered “unhealthy”.
The key is to limit your portions and consume the right amount of what your body needs. Focusing on portion control will aid you in adhering to a healthy lifestyle and is not hard to stick with once you know the keys to success.
Calories Matter Most
It doesn’t matter what diet trend you’re doing, calories matter most every time when it comes to fat loss. You need to be in a slight calorie deficit if fat loss is your goal. You cannot out-exercise a high-calorie diet.
In my personal experience, there are times where you want to do a strict Keto or carnivore diet, and that is if you’re “eating healthy” but still suffering from health problems or autoimmune issues to try and get some relief. I wrote a blog article on my health journey and how I stopped my leaking gut and auto-immune issues with a strict no fiber diet and a few supplements that restored the gut wall lining.
You’ll learn below that by supplementing your diet with pure therapeutic ketones that fat loss and wellness become much easier because ketones are a compliant technology that your body recognizes as an identical fuel source it needs and wants so it can thrive.
Larger meals can cause your body to work extra hard in order to digest and process the food you eat. This can cause your body to waste energy.
When you eat several smaller meals, the energy used helps to boost your metabolism and helps it work more efficiently.
Once you start controlling the portion size of your meals, you will start to notice that you just feel better in general.
Portion control helps to limit cramps, stomach pain, and guilt that can come with overeating.
Maintain Lower Glucose & Higher Ketone Levels
As you digest food, your body processes nutrients into glucose which then is turned into energy. I use a Keto Mojo to test my glucose and ketones levels, it’s an affordable device that can found here on Amazon.
If you eat large, heavy carbohydrate meals your body can be overwhelmed with glucose, causing your body to react and produce insulin to balance itself out.
If this happens, your body will start to feel hungry again more quickly because it is “tricked” into thinking it needs more glucose.
Portion control, consuming low carbs, and drinking exogenous ketones can help these important levels remain stable and allow you to feel fuller quicker and your body to work at its optimal level.
Often times when we are trying to lose weight we allow ourselves to go overboard with spending. Quality meat is important to our family, and we discovered ButcherBox a few years ago.
We have been ordering our meats online with ButcherBox and have been very pleased with the high-quality cuts and how their pricing is less than our local supermarkets.
We tell ourselves spending lots of money on healthy foods is ok as long as we lose weight. Well, did you know we can lose weight and actually spend less?
Focusing on your portion control will allow you to get more out of each trip to the store and will cut down on the amount of money you are spending on each trip.
If you decide to have a night of eating out, a great tip to use is right when your food is delivered to your table, ask for a to-go-box, and limit the portion you have.
This can also allow you to turn 1 meal into 2, thus saving money.
Now that you can see how important paying close attention to portion size can be, here are a few more tips that will help you on your journey:
- Drink Water – Have a glass of water right before you eat your meal. This will cause you to begin to feel full, helping to limit the portion size you desire.
- Add Veggies – When preparing a meal, try adding more veggies. Veggies are low in calories but will let you feel like you are having a larger meal without consuming too much.
- Small Portion of carbs – Often times we use carbs like pasta, rice, etc. as the base of our meals. Instead, try limiting or eliminating these and increase the portion of the vegetables or protein.
- Take Your Time – Allow yourself to enjoy the meal you are having. This will also allow your body proper time to digest properly and can help you feel like you are eating more by taking a longer amount of time to eat your meal.
- Work For Your Snacks – When using proper portion control, it is important to have snacks between meals. When choosing a snack, try to find something that will have you work for your food. Examples are pistachios, cheese sticks, or other items you may have to peel or crack before enjoying. This will prevent you from consuming too much of these tasty snacks and will also allow you to take your time enjoying them.
- Get More Sleep – Did you know that you can’t catch up on your sleep? Would you be surprised to learn that not getting a good night’s sleep is one of the leading factors for weight gain and diseases like diabetes and heart disease? If you sleep more, you eat less at night. Like anything else, knowledge is power and it is important to educate ourselves about some of the reasons why you need to get a good night’s sleep.
Pure Therapeutic Ketones
Ketones make “healthy” a lifestyle we can all be successful at!
Do you lack energy and suffer from brain fog (mom’s brain), stubborn belly fat, achy joints, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep?
Would you like my free coaching and earn results like my friends inside our better life community?
Click Here to learn how the Drink Ketones for 10 Day Challenge could help with fat loss, improve your health and athletic performance.
Ketones also help with muscle preservation as you burn body fat….it’s a win/win for both men and women.
We need to be strong and durable as we age so we can take care of ourselves without assistance for as long as possible.
Drinking KETO//OS NAT is diet independent, which means no specific diet is required to enjoy the benefits. This is why this product works so amazingly well!
However, drinking ketones daily, along with consuming lower carbohydrate meals and a consistent exercise routine can improve your well-being.
*Results represented in these images are specific to this individual and may not be representative of your results based upon your diet, exercise, lifestyle, and health factors.