In this article, I share three keto foods you need to start eating to take full advantage of the ketogenic diet. Like most people, I bet you’re struggling to find the best foods to eat on a ketogenic diet?
Truth be told, sometimes it can be hard to figure out if a specific food will fit into your keto lifestyle.
As you know, the keto diet emphasizes higher intakes of fats and lower intakes of carbohydrates. This is in an effort to teach your body to better utilize a fat-fuel source known as ketones.
Ketones were once known to only be available from diet only.
Four years ago a delicious, drinkable, pure therapeutic ketone hit the market and it was a game-changer in wellness and fat loss. Scientists and researchers are excited about this technology. New studies are coming out daily about the benefits of ketones.
If you overindulge on carbs for a special occasion, it’s no biggie. You can get right back into ketosis by drinking a serving of Keto//Nat or Keto//UP daily. It could take you weeks to get back into nutritional ketosis with diet alone.
What is a Ketone?
On a fundamental level, ketosis is a metabolic state. Your body can draw from various sources of energy when needed.
Your body’s primary source of fuel is through glucose (from carbohydrates). However, when glucose isn’t present, the body will source other nutrients, namely, ketones.
Ketosis is a metabolic state that utilizes ketones as fuel when glucose levels are very low. Eating a low-carb diet may enable you to enter ketosis, effectively burning more fat through your metabolic state.
The keto diet does work best when you consume lower amounts of carbohydrates, especially if you can continue this for multiple days.
I’d go one step further to say that a low carb diet regardless if it’s called “keto” or not will always be of great benefit to your health.
Do Ketones Really Help With Fat Loss?
With any diet, there is always speculation and instances where it may not work. With that said, the ketogenic diet, or a low-carb diet, has been shown to be very effective in promoting weight loss and fat loss.
Best Foods for Keto Dieters
We know that a keto diet will work best when you can consume higher amounts of fat, but it’s also important to keep your caloric allowance in check when you want to lose weight.
Remember: fat is more than twice as calorically dense as carbohydrates and protein.
If you want to succeed on a keto diet for fat loss, consume light fat in the beginning. If you’re consuming 1800 + calories a day and you’re not exercising, you will store those calories as fat.
Saturated fats have been rumored to be detrimental to your health and can even cause some chronic diseases to arise.
These stories have been proven to be not true by many leading doctors and researchers who are providing information daily from clinical studies.
Dr. David Diamond Debunks The Cholesterol Myth
Recent research has even shown that, along with the ability to promote fat loss and weight loss, a keto diet also decreases the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol, and blood glucose. It increases the level of HDL cholesterol (the “good” cholesterol). All of these effects are essential to your overall health.
So, what are the three keto foods you need to start eating on a keto diet? These foods will help you to maximize your low carb/keto lifestyle:
- Not only are avocados rich in fat, but they also contain many essential vitamins and minerals for healthy growth. In general, they can be a little expensive, but they cost less than getting your fats from nuts and seeds.
- TOP TIP: Take the avocado seed out and use it as your window plant. With a couple of months, you’ll have a beautiful little avocado plant!
- Seafood is one of the best sources of protein and fats anyone can eat. Seafood is generally less expensive than many types of meat and provides a great source of essential nutrients, amino acids, and unsaturated fats.
- Top seafood choices include salmon and squid as they contain high protein and very low carbohydrates.
- Unfortunately, more and more seafood nowadays is high in mercury, so it’s important to go the extra mile to source seafood that is mercury-free.
- Low-Carb Veggies. You will need some carbs in your diet, and our top choices are vegetables that are low in carbs. The easiest way to pick out low carb veggies is to check for fiber and try to keep the starch content as low as possible.
- Top picks are kale, spinach, and broccoli. Not only do they provide a great source of protein, but their carbohydrate levels are much lower than other fruit and vegetables.
Pure Therapeutic Ketones
Ketones make “healthy” a lifestyle we can all be successful at!
Do you lack energy and suffer from brain fog (mom’s brain), stubborn belly fat, achy joints, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep?
Would you like my free coaching and earn results like my friends inside our better life community?
Click Here to learn how the Drink Ketones for 10 Day Challenge could help with fat loss, improve your health and athletic performance.
Ketones also help with muscle preservation as you burn body fat….it’s a win/win for both men and women.
We need to be strong and durable as we age so we can take care of ourselves without assistance for as long as possible.
Drinking KETO//OS NAT is diet independent, which means no specific diet is required to enjoy the benefits. This is why this product works so amazingly well!
However, drinking ketones daily, along with consuming lower carbohydrate meals and a consistent exercise routine can improve your well-being.
*Results represented in these images are specific to this individual and may not be representative of your results based upon your diet, exercise, lifestyle, and health factors.
There’s no need to feel like your keto lifestyle limits you by drinking Keto//OS NAT daily. Even though you want to pay attention to the keto guidelines, you still have a lot of choices for food.
You can eat these foods on a keto diet without having to worry about going over your carb allowance or getting tired of the same boring food each day.
I hope you enjoyed this article and you start eating these three keto foods to take full advantage of ketosis!