These Super Fudgy Cocoa Brownies Gluten-Free and Keto are made with simple ingredients, and only 1-3g net carb a pop if you add Lily’s baking chips! Now that’s what I call the ideal low carb chocolate dessert!
These brownies don’t have the same texture as a gluten brownie, but when you’re craving a chocolate treat and don’t want to blow your diet or get knocked out of ketosis, these are a delicious and satisfying treat!HELPFUL TIP
We’ll start with the most important one: do not over-bake the brownies! The timing might just be the most important rule when making any type of brownie, so you don’t end up with a dry and crumbly mess.
Keep an eye out for them, and take them out once the center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out moist (but not drenching).
I prefer to slightly undercook them and chill them in the fridge before cutting. That’s the secret for extra fudgy brownies.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 70 g xylitol
- 70 g Lakanto sweetener
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 70 g almond flour
- 1/2 cup Lilys dark chocolate chips
- Position a rack in the lower third of your oven and preheat to 350°F/180°C. Line with parchment paper the bottom and sides of an 8×8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil, sweeteners, cocoa powder, salt, chocolate chips, and almond flour to a bowl and blend.
- Add one egg at a time, whisking well after each one until completely incorporated. The texture should appear smooth, with all the sweetener dissolving into the mixture. And if using erythritol, and your batter ends up too thick, you may want to add an extra egg. Just be sure not to over-whisk, or your brownies could end up more cakey rather than fudgy.
- Bake for 15-23 minutes until the center is just set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out moist. This really does vary (a lot!!) from oven to oven (think convection etc), so give them a check from minute 15 the first time around, and remember that you’ll brownies will continue to cook while they cool.
- Allow cooling completely on a rack. Lift brownies using the edges of the parchment paper and cut into the desired size (we do 16!). To get extra clean edges, place in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.