This Spiced Couscous and Chicken dish with a holiday aroma is quite tasty and can make a great healthy dinner for the family.
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- salt & pepper, freshly ground
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups coarsely shredded New Seasons Market roasted chicken
- 3 tablespoons New Seasons Market unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 scallions white and light green parts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- Greek yogurt and harissa for topping
- Bring 2 ½ cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add ½ teaspoon cinnamon, the ginger, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add the carrots and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the carrots, reserving the cooking liquid. Put the couscous and chicken in a medium bowl, pouring 1 cup of the hot cooking liquid on top. Stir, then cover tightly and let sit 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the almonds, raisins, scallions, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Cook, stirring, until the nuts are toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro. Fluff couscous with a fork. Divide the couscous and chicken among bowls. Top with the carrots and more of the cooking liquid, if desired. Sprinkle with the almond mixture and more cilantro. Top with yogurt and harissa.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.