Slow Cooker Hearty Vegetable and Bean Soup
There’s nothing better than coming home after a long day at work and dinner is waiting in the slow cooker. The great thing about this slow cooker recipe, aside from its robust flavor, is that it’s so easy to prepare and many of the ingredients can be substituted with whatever you have on hand.
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1” cubes (optional, white or red potato)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1” pieces
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (optional)
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste (can be substituted with cayenne pepper)
- 2 cups frozen or fresh green beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium (chicken broth can be substituted)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained (navy, black, or pinto can be substituted)
Add all the above ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine, cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until carrots are tender.
- To make this a meat dish, simply add 1 pound chicken fillets (cut into 1″ cubes) to slow cooker along with the other ingredients.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, near the end of cooking time, remove 1/2 cup of soup (liquid and veggies) and combine with 1-2 tablespoons flour or corn starch, puree and return to the slow cooker. A fork works well to mash the ingredients along with the flour or cornstarch. Be careful not to allow the hot mixture to spin out. Continue cooking until soup thickens, about 15 minutes. Minimum Slow Cooker Size: 4 quarts
Servings: 6 | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 183 |Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 |Cholesterol: 47 mg | Sodium: 253 mg | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 6 |
Pure Therapeutic Ketones
Do you lack energy and suffer from brain fog (mom’s brain), stubborn belly fat, achy joints, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep?
Would you like my free coaching and earn results like my friends inside our better life community? Click Here to learn more about how ketones could help with fat loss, improve your health and athletic performance.
Ketones also help with muscle preservation as you burn body fat….it’s a win/win for both men and women. We need to be strong and durable as we age so we can take care of ourselves without assistance for as long as possible.
Ketones have been shown to reduce the chances of us suffering from dementia and might prevent Alzheimer’s if taken along with quality healthy fats such as MCT and a low carb diet.
Results represented in these images are specific to this individual and may not be representative of your results based upon your diet, exercise, lifestyle and health factors.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.