Shrimp and Avocado Taco Salad is light and refreshing with a shrimp marinade that doubles as the salad dressing!
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 oz chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- blue corn tortilla chips (optional if you're keto)
- Combine the first six ingredients in a food processor or blender then process until smooth. Place shrimp in a plastic bag then add 3 Tablespoons of the dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (no longer.) Reserve remaining dressing for salad dressing.
- After the shrimp has marinated, spray the bottom of a skillet with extra virgin olive oil or nonstick spray then saute in two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, for 1-2 minutes a side, or until just barely cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. Discard remaining marinade.
- Divide lettuce and red cabbage between plates then top with avocados, tomatoes, sauteed shrimp, and crushed tortilla chips. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired, then drizzle dressing on top and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 647Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 1279mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 12gSugar: 19gProtein: 31g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.