Seared Tuna with Shaved Vegetable Salad
Shaving raw root veggies into a side-dish salad is a fantastic approach. They’re ready in just a few minutes, their earthy flavors stay vibrant, and a simple vinaigrette tenderizes them while retaining some crunch.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 4 ounces baby gold beets, thinly shaved
- 1 (4-oz.) fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly shaved
- 4 ounces baby turnips, thinly shaved
- 1 (6-oz.) Granny Smith apple, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 (6-oz.) tuna steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon torn fennel fronds
Here are your Instructions:
Combine 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, mustard, and honey in a large bowl. Add beets, fennel, turnips, and apple; toss to coat. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a cast-iron skillet over high. Sprinkle tuna with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; place in hot pan. Cook 90 seconds on both sides (for rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Remove tuna from pan. Slice thinly, and serve with salad; top with fennel fronds.
Would you like to have more energy? Do you suffer from brain fog, stubborn belly fat, achy joints, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep? Click here to watch a short and fun video to learn more about how ketones could improve your health.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.