Make a hearty and healthy keto pasta in less than one hour with fiery, roasted red peppers and plump, juicy shrimp.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 8 oz package of shirataki miracle noodles (almost zero carbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 20 minutes. Peel and chop; set aside.
- Open fettuccine, drain and rinse in a fine strainer. It has a unique odor, but it doesn't affect the taste of the dish after it's been well rinsed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add shrimp to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and 1/4 cup lemon juice to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp are done and half of the liquid has evaporated. Add chopped parsley and the next 5 ingredients (through 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper) to the shrimp mixture. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine drained and rinsed fettuccine and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large bowl; toss well. Add shrimp mixture, tossing gently to coat. Top each serving with cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 1553mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 32g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.