Caramelized sweet potatoes and red onion are the bed for chicken thighs that cook up fast in a very hot oven—perfect for a quick healthy chicken dinner. Serve with a fall salad of mixed greens, sliced apples and blue cheese.
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (dried works too)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 lbs bone in chicken thighs skin off
- 2 medium sweet potatoes 1" cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into 1" wedges
- Position rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 450°F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Combine mustard, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl; spread the mixture evenly on chicken.
- Toss sweet potatoes and onion in a bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the vegetables on it. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast, stirring the vegetables once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into a chicken thigh registers 165°F, 30 to 35 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 774mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 55g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.