Ricotta and Sweet Pea Toasts
We could all use a vibrant dose of green during the cold months. Thankfully, frozen green peas are available year-round. Blend with creamy ricotta and mint for a quick spread on toasted baguette slices. Double the mixture to spread on sandwiches or your morning toast, or use as a dip for whole-grain crackers.
- 8 (1/4-oz.) slices whole-wheat French bread baguette
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Here are your Instructions:
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
Place peas and remaining ingredients in a mini food processor; pulse until almost smooth. Spread pea mixture evenly over toasts.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.