Ricotta and Sweet Pea Toasts
We could all use a vibrant dose of green during the cold months. Thankfully, frozen green peas are available year-round. Blend with creamy ricotta and mint for a quick spread on toasted baguette slices. Double the mixture to spread on sandwiches or your morning toast, or use as a dip for whole-grain crackers.
- 8 (1/4-oz.) slices whole-wheat French bread baguette
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Here are your Instructions:
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
Place peas and remaining ingredients in a mini food processor; pulse until almost smooth. Spread pea mixture evenly over toasts.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you.