Romaine & Artichoke Salad
This gourmet-style salad with roasted garlic and Dijon dressing is a smorgasbord of texture, thanks to zucchini ribbons, marinated artichokes, crisp romaine heart and roasted red pepper.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp organic silken tofu
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 romaine heart, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 artichoke hearts (packed in water and drained), each cut into 4 wedges
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place garlic and bell pepper in an 8-inch square of foil, drizzle with 1 tsp oil and turn in corners of foil tightly to close. Bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle, carefully opening foil to allow steam to escape.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, tofu, vinegar, Dijon and remaining 1 tsp oil. Mash together with a fork until combined and creamy in consistency. Stir in thyme and season with salt and black pepper.
With a wide-style vegetable peeler, shave cucumber into six long ribbons. Arrange romaine, artichokes and bell pepper on serving plates and top with cucumber ribbons. Drizzle with dressing, dividing evenly.
Nutrients per serving (1/2 of recipe): Calories: 110, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 11 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 252 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you.