Egg White and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
This ethereally fluffy frittata tastes rich, thanks to the cheese wedges. Pair with a green or fruit salad to make this dish into a nice brunch.
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, cut into 6 thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Here are your instructions
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place salt and egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and pepper; beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold in tomatoes and onions.
Heat olive oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread egg white mixture evenly in pan; arrange ricotta wedges on top. Drizzle with tomato oil. Bake at 400° for 16 minutes or until puffed and golden. Loosen with a spatula; slide onto a platter. Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.