Classic pumpkin pie gets a new twist with a lower-carb, gluten-free walnut crust in this delicious, easy to follow recipe.
- 3 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tblsp butter
Ingredients for Filling
- 15 ounce can of raw organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tblsp raw honey
- 1 tblsp arrowroot powder
- 3 each organic free-range eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place walnuts, baking soda, and sea salt in a food processor and blend until finely ground.
- Add butter and pulse until butter is mixed in.
- Using your spatula, scrape the mixture into your pie pan and using your fingers, spread the batter thinner across the bottom of the pan and thicker around the edges of the crust.
- Place the pie pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes (while you prepare the filling).
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl.
3. Combine both wet and dry ingredients.
4. Pour filling mixture into the baked crust (*Don't overfill the crust - so you might have a little bit of batter left)
5. Bake for 1 hour (at 350 degrees) or until the center of the pie is firm.
6. Let the pie cool completely before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate