Lemon chicken with asparagus — It’s bright, fresh, healthy, and ready on your table in 20 minutes. The easiest meal of all time, right here, right now. This is so beautiful and easy.
Coat the chicken, saute everything to golden brown perfection, serve. I’m serious THAT’S ALL. Put a little piece of whole wheat bread, brown rice, or quinoa on that plate and dig the heck into that fresh, bright, healthy dinner.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour (almond or coconut flour works well too)
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1-2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey + 2 tbsp butter (optional)
- parsley for topping (optional)
- Chicken: Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound until each piece is about a 3/4 of an inch thick. (NOTE: If your chicken breasts are really thick, you can just cut them in half horizontally to make thinner pieces rather than pounding. Works like a charm.) Place the flour and salt and pepper in a shallow dish and gently toss each chicken breast in the dish to coat. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the chicken and saute for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown, sprinkling each side with the lemon pepper directly in the pan. When the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Asparagus and Lemons: Add the chopped asparagus to the pan. Saute for a few minutes until bright green and tender-crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside. Lay the lemon slices flat on the bottom of the pan and cook for a few minutes on each side without stirring so that they caramelize and pick up the browned bits left in the pan from the chicken and butter. (NOTE: adding a tiny pat of butter in with the lemons also helps prevent sticking and promote browning.) Remove the lemons from the pan and set aside.
- Assembly: Layer all the ingredients back into the skillet – asparagus, chicken, and lemon slices on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 705mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 39g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.