Lemon and Dill Quinoa Chicken Soup
Quinoa cooks right in the soup without soaking up too much liquid. If you’d like to change to a heartier grain like farro or barley, cook it separately, and stir in during the last 5 minutes of simmering to reheat. Use any combination of delicate green vegetables, such as snow peas, spinach, frozen green peas, or edamame. Stir in a couple of teaspoons of fresh lemon juice for an extra dose of brightness just before serving.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 cup (1/2-in.) diced red potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diagonally cut sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Here are your instructions:
Heat a large saucepan over medium. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add stock, potatoes, and quinoa; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and quinoa is done. Stir in chicken and sugar snap peas; cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, dill, and lemon rind.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you.