Lemon and Dill Quinoa Chicken Soup
Quinoa cooks right in the soup without soaking up too much liquid. If you’d like to change to a heartier grain like farro or barley, cook it separately, and stir in during the last 5 minutes of simmering to reheat. Use any combination of delicate green vegetables, such as snow peas, spinach, frozen green peas, or edamame. Stir in a couple of teaspoons of fresh lemon juice for an extra dose of brightness just before serving.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 cup (1/2-in.) diced red potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diagonally cut sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Here are your instructions:
Heat a large saucepan over medium. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add stock, potatoes, and quinoa; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and quinoa is done. Stir in chicken and sugar snap peas; cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, dill, and lemon rind.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.