I grew up eating thumbprint cookies during the holiday season like most people. I took my grandma's recipe and created a keto version. These cookies are the perfect low carb, healthy recipe and my family loves them.
- 1 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoons of Lakanto Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Redmonds Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Butter
Raspberry or Blackberry Jam
- 6 ounces Blackberries Or Raspberries
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 10 Drops Stevia Drops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Blend the almond flour, coconut flour, lakanto, baking powder, and salt in a food processor. Pulse for 10 seconds until combined.
- Add vanilla, stevia, egg, and butter to the food processor and pulse until fully incorporated and the dough is formed (will be very soft).
- Place dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the dough is chilling make the berry jam. (you can cheat and use no sugar jam from the grocery store if you're in a hurry)
- Place blackberries and lemon juice in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, using a fork to crush berries as they soften.
- Remove from heat and add chia seeds and stevia. Mix well and allow to cool.
- Scoop cookie dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll into smooth balls. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and use your thumb to gently make an indentation in the center of the cookie dough. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Spoon cooled jam into each thumbprint, filling them to the top.
- Bake for 9 (soft) to 11 (crunchy) minutes until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely prior to serving.
- Stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Unsaturated Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 2gProtein: 4g