These keto taco stuffed avocados are very quick and easy to make. This recipe is great as an appetizer or main dish. The recipe is gluten-free and is made with just a few simple ingredients.
You can season the ground beef with your favorite taco seasoning and serve it with vegetables if you desire a more filling meal. My favorite taco seasoning mix is found in the bulk section at Natural Grocers.
I’ve also filled avocados with tuna salad and it is delicious as well!
After suffering from leaky gut / IBS / Crohns for decades and then healing, I avoid tortillas and other hard fiber that causes irritation to the gut wall lining. Corn is about the most abrasive fiber a person can consume. Avocados don’t bother my gut, nor does a little pico de gallo.
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Split the avocados in half and remove the seed.
- Use a spoon to scrape out the avocado, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Place avocados into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, mix together brown ground beef, onions, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika and brown.
- Fill avocado with taco meat.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomato and avocado pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.