This keto sesame salmon with green onions and lemon recipe is really delicious! It’s simple yet radically sophisticated, this dish comes together in less than 30 minutes.
If you have access to fresh ramps or baby leeks, use them instead of green onions, and sub pea shoots (or your favorite baby lettuce or microgreens) for the arugula.
Black sesame seeds lend lovely contrast to the vibrant red-orange fish, but regular will do the job, too.
- 4 (6oz) sustainable salmon fillets (such as wild Alaskan)
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (1-inch) slices green onions
- 5 thin lemon slices, halved
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange salmon in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Combine sesame seeds and 3/8 teaspoon salt; sprinkle evenly over flesh sides of fillets, pressing gently into fish. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl. Add green onions; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lemon slices; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle green onion mixture with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates. Place arugula in a medium bowl. Add green onion mixture to bowl with arugula; toss. Divide arugula mixture evenly among servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.