One of the foods that those of us gluten-free and keto people miss is a good dinner roll. Sometimes a sandwich or a cheeseburger on a bun hits the spot. This recipe should satisfy that bread craving you're having, without all the carbs from traditional bread.
- 1 1/2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2oz full fat cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups super fine almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminum free double acting baking powder
- 3 large eggs, save 1 for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover the cream cheese with mozzarella (this will prevent the cream cheese from overheating). Melt in the microwave at 30-second intervals. After every 30 seconds, stir the cheese until it is completely melted and uniform and resembles a dough in appearance, about 1 minute
total cooking time.
- Allow cheese dough to cool slightly (only a few minutes) so that it is still warm to the touch but not too hot. Do not let the
cheese cool down completely because then it will turn hard and you will not be able to blend it with the other dough ingredients.
- Add cheese dough, 2 eggs, and almond flour mixture into a food processor with the dough blade attachment. Pulse on high
speed until the dough is uniform. The dough will be quite sticky, which is normal.
- Scoop out dough with a spatula and place onto a large sheet of plastic wrap.
Cover the dough completely in plastic wrap and knead a few times until you have a uniform dough ball. Lightly coat
your hands with oil and divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each dough part between your palms until it forms
a smooth round ball. Place dough balls onto a baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Add the final egg to a small bowl and whisk. Generously brush the surface of rolls with egg wash.
- Bake rolls for about 21-23 minutes in the middle rack of your oven, or until rolls are golden brown. Rolls are best eaten
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Saturated Fat: 16 gramsgNet Carbohydrates: 4 gramsgProtein: 11 gramsg