This Keto Crab Cakes recipe with dill sauce is very simple to whip up quickly. The entire crab cake recipe is 5 ingredients, all of which you can find at nearly any grocery store.
These crabcakes have almost zero carbs too.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 each cornichon pickles
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 1oz capers, and splash of caper juice
- Ingredients for Crab Cakes
- 16 oz lump crabmeat
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Instructions for Dill Remoulade:
- NOTE: You will need an immersion blender for this recipe, with the matching blending cup. If you do not have one, use a small food processor.
- In the mixing cup, add all of the ingredients (listed above) and blend for 10–15 seconds until just combined.
- Note: You do not want to blend too much, or it will turn to liquid.
- Set aside, and keep cool in the fridge.
Instructions for Crab Cakes:
- Using a cast-iron pan, heat the pan with enough oil to fully coat the bottom.Note: I use reserved bacon grease, from cooking bacon, but you can also use avocado or coconut oil. You want the pan to be very hot prior to frying.
- In a large mixing bowl, add crab meat, mayo, eggs, old bay, and dijon mustard.
- Stir to combine, but do not over-mix. You want some crab lumps.
- Using a measuring cup (I use ⅓ cup size for medium crab cakes), scoop some of the crab mix and carefully drop into hot oil. Fry on each side until golden brown - 2 to 3 minutes each side. (NOTE: You do not want to touch the crabcakes while frying. This could cause them to fall apart. Just place it gently, and flip once.)
- Place on a plate lined with paper towels as they rest, and continue frying the rest until you’ve used all of the crab mixture.
- Note: Serve with your favorite grilled veggies (i.e., asparagus), or serve over arugula!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 1746mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 25g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.