One of the things I miss on the keto diet is my grandma's apple pie. This low carb keto apple crumble cake reminds me of a delicious apple pie but with the benefit of it being low carb.
- 1 apple
- 6 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup Lakanto sweetener
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute such as Lakanto Gold or Sukrin Gold
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardomom
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tbsp Lakanto sweetener
- 3 tbsp fresh ground almond butter
- 4 tbsp soft butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Chop the apple into small pieces.
- Gently melt the butter in a pan and pour over the apples in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the cake batter and blend together with a large spoon.
- Pour the cake batter into a round spring-form pan (like a cheesecake pan that you can open on the side).
- Add all the ingredients for the pie crumble in a clean bowl and mix well with your hands until it forms a nice crumble. Cover the cake with crumbles.
- Sprinkle some nuts or almonds, cinnamon, and cardamom on top.
- Bake the keto apple crumble cake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the low carb apple cake to completely cool before serving.
- Hey, and if you're wanting a little keto vanilla ice cream to go with it, many grocery stores now carry pints of low carb ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.