This is a quick snack to make before dinner. Throw all the ingredients into a food processor, give it a whirl, and presto–you’ve bought yourself an hour to make a meal. Healthy dippers for this recipe include baby carrots, radishes, jicama, and sugar snap peas.
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (optional)
How to Make It :
Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Spoon hummus into a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika, parsley, and pine nuts, if desired.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you.