This is a quick snack to make before dinner. Throw all the ingredients into a food processor, give it a whirl, and presto–you’ve bought yourself an hour to make a meal. Healthy dippers for this recipe include baby carrots, radishes, jicama, and sugar snap peas.
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (optional)
How to Make It :
Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Spoon hummus into a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika, parsley, and pine nuts, if desired.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.