I love crockpot recipes. They’re just so convenient! This keto recipe is also super easy because it’s made of ingredients you probably already have in your cabinets and fridge. If you’re not a paprika fan, feel free to substitute other spices.
- 2-1/3 lb beef pot roast
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8-oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-1/4 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1-1/4 tbsp Italian spice
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan.
- In a bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian spice, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub pot roast with mixed spices until well-covered.
- Place pot roast in pan and brown on all sides.
- While meat is browning, cut onion into small slivers.
- Place half of the onion slivers into the bottom of crockpot.
- Add just enough water to the crockpot to partially cover onions, then place browned pot roast on top of the onions.
- Add remaining onion slivers around the pot roast in crockpot.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Carefully pour mixture over pot roast.
- Turn crockpot to high and cook for approximately 4-1/2 hours.
All slow cookers are a bit different, so reference your manual and a cook-time chart if you’re unsure or if your pot roast is bigger or smaller than 2-1/3 pounds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 609mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.