If you’ve tried cloud bread recipes in the past and didn’t love it, you’ll only want to eat them as cloud bread keto mini pizzas moving forward! This pizza is healthy, low in carbs, and it’s a hit with the kiddos.
Adding cheese, some sauce and delicious toppings, you’ve got a healthy pizza that will satisfy your pizza cravings.
It’s one of those party pleasing, low carb recipes, and I can’t wait to hear what you think.WHAT DOES CLOUD BREAD TASTE LIKE
Cloud bread doesn’t taste like regular bread, the flavor is more egg-like, and the texture is foamier—people either love it or hate it.
That said, if cloud bread isn’t your favorite, cloud bread keto mini pizzas may still be worth a try. Pizza sauce and toppings can hide whatever you didn’t love about the low carb bread recipe on its own.Tools Required
The most challenging part of making cloud bread pizza is whipping your eggs into a meringue, and there’s no better tool for this than a trusty electric mixer.
The more air you whip into the eggs, the fluffier your pizza will be — in other words, a simple whisk won’t do the trick.
This is also why the cream of tartar is so important — it helps whipped eggs to keep their smooth/stiff shape.Storage
Cloud bread tends to lose a bit of its “fluff” after being stored in the fridge, so it’s to consume them soon after baking.
But, if you made a big batch, stash them in an airtight container in the fridge. Some people swear cloud bread tastes better the next day. Cloud bread does not freeze well.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar-free pizza (or tomato) sauce
- 40 pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 320° F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks.
- In a bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form.
- Mix cream cheese on high to soften.
- Slowly incorporate egg yolks into cream cheese, scraping the sides of the bowl to ensure uniformity.
- Mix in salt and garlic powder.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Spoon 1/4 cup portions of the foam onto the baking sheets and spread into even 4-inch circles, 3/4 inch high. Note: Make sure to leave space around each circle.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling before adding the pizza sauce, followed by cheese and pepperoni.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.