A tenderloin is an ideal dinner for two: easy, fast, and simple. And while this marinated tenderloin would be great as is with some grilled asparagus and corn on the cob, you can also transform it with the recipes that follow.
- 1 can chipotle chile in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, (see Ingredient Note)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, (see Kitchen Tip), trimmed of fat
- Combine chipotle and sauce, garlic, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper in a blender or mini food processor; blend or process until the chipotle is chopped and the mixture is relatively smooth. Pour into a sealable plastic bag, add pork and seal, squeezing out any excess air from the bag. Turn to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to high or heat a large indoor grill pan over high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade (discard marinade). Grill the pork, turning occasionally until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of the meat registers 145° F, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Ingredient Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapenos packed in a flavorful sauce. Find them with Mexican foods in large supermarkets.
- Kitchen Tip: One pork tenderloin typically weighs about 1 pound, enough for 4 servings. You can marinate a whole pound in the same amount of marinade used to marinate the 8 ounces in this recipe and have enough cooked tenderloin for 2 dinners (for 2 people). Or freeze half for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 372mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 31g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.