Chipotle-Marinated Pork Tenderloin
A tenderloin is the ideal dinner for two: easy, fast and simple. And while this marinated tenderloin would be great as is with some grilled asparagus and corn on the cob, you can also transform it with the recipes that follow.
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, (see Ingredient Note)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tblspns lime juice
- 1 tblspn red-wine vinegar
- 1 tspn dried oregano
- 1/2 tspn ground cumin
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, (see Kitchen Tip), trimmed of fat
Here are your instructions:
Combine chipotle and sauce, garlic, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in a blender or mini food processor; blend or process until the chipotle is chopped and the mixture is relatively smooth. Pour into a sealable plastic bag, add pork and seal, squeezing out any excess air from the bag. Turn to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill to high or heat a large indoor grill pan over high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade (discard marinade). Grill the pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of the meat registers 145° F, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Ingredient Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapenos packed in a flavorful sauce. Find them with Mexican foods in large supermarkets.
- Kitchen Tip: One pork tenderloin typically weighs about 1 pound, enough for 4 servings. You can marinate a whole pound in the same amount of marinade used to marinate the 8 ounces in this recipe and have enough cooked tenderloin for 2 dinners (for 2 people). Or freeze half for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 139 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 165 mg sodium; 374 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (56% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.