Chicken Stroganoff is the definition of absolute comfort. This recipe swaps traditional beef for chicken and adds earthy cremini mushrooms to this one-pan version.
Cooking the egg noodles in the same pan allows the pasta to absorb that rich liquid and release starch to thicken the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2.5 cups unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. pre-sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 oz no carb Miracle noodles
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove from pan.
- Combine 1 tablespoon stock and flour in a small bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to a pan over medium-high. Add mushrooms; cook 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until reduced by half, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in the remaining 2 cups and 7 tablespoons stock; bring to a simmer. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until done. Stir in flour mixture; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; stir in chicken, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1556mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.