Chicken & White Bean Soup
Once again, rotisserie chickens can really relieve the dinner-rush pressure-especially in this Italian-inspired soup.
- 2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tblspn chopped fresh sage, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 2-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Add beans and chicken and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 172 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 54 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 3 g fiber; 350 mg sodium; 389 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you.