If you love fried rice but want to cut down on carbs, opt for cauliflower fried rice. My children really enjoy this recipe and it’s fun creating, tasty healthy meals.
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- pinch salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small diced onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions diced, whites and greens separated
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste (Tamari for Gluten Free)
- Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don't over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower "rice" to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I might possibly earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting a small family business.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.