Butternut Squash Spaghetti with Sausage and Sage
Cut the carbs by adding spiralized squash to spaghetti for a veggie-centric pasta dish!
- 8 oz. Gluten Free Spaghetti
- Top half of a medium butternut squash (the "neck," about 12 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. Sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. Fresh sage leaves (about 8), chopped
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 c. Dry white wine
- 2 c. Baby kale
- 1/4 c. Cream
- 1 tbsp. Whole-grain mustard
- 2 oz. Crumbled blue cheese or coarsely grated extra-sharp Cheddar
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, peel the butternut squash and spiralize on a thin noodle setting. Cut any very long strands in half.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon until beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic, sage, and red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the butternut squash and toss to combine. Add the wine and cook, covered, until the squash is just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the kale and toss to combine. Stir in the cream and mustard and simmer until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in the cheese.
- 546 CAL
- 25 G FAT (10 G SAT FAT)
- 65 MG CHOL
- 650 MG SOD
- 23 G PRO
- 55 G CAR
- 4 G FIBER
Would you like to have more energy? Do you suffer from brain fog, stubborn belly fat, joint pain, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep? Click this fun video to learn more about ketones and ketosis.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.