Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Roasting isn’t usually the first cooking method you think of for cauliflower but the results are quite delicious. The florets are cut into thick slices and tossed with extra-virgin olive oil and herbs. Wherever the flat surfaces come into contact with the hot roasting pan, a deep browning occurs that results in a sweet, nutty flavor.
- 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head; see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To prepare florets from a whole head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding a knife at a 45° angle, slice into the smaller stems with a circular motion—removing a “plug” from the center of the head. Break or cut florets into the desired size.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Serving size: about 1 cup
Per serving: 152 calories; 10 g fat(3 g sat); 3 g fiber; 10 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 90 mcg folate; 7 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 99 IU vitamin A; 75 mg vitamin C; 163 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 362 mg sodium; 519 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (125% daily value), Folate (22% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: ½
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, ½ lean meat, 1½ fat
Pure Therapeutic Ketones
Do you lack energy and suffer from brain fog (mom’s brain), stubborn belly fat, achy joints, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep?
Would you like my free coaching and earn results like my friends inside our better life community? Click Here to learn more about how ketones could help with fat loss, improve your health and athletic performance.
Ketones also help with muscle preservation as you burn body fat….it’s a win/win for both men and women. We need to be strong and durable as we age so we can take care of ourselves without assistance for as long as possible.
Ketones have been shown to reduce the chances of us suffering from dementia and might prevent Alzheimer’s if taken along with quality healthy fats such as MCT and a lower carb diet.
Results represented in these images are specific to this individual and may not be representative of your results based upon your diet, exercise, lifestyle and health factors.
We may earn income from the products mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.