Prepping for the holidays will help you stay calm and organized, especially with Thanksgiving quickly approaching. The holidays can become a stressful time for many of us.
The family may be traveling to you or you may be preparing to do the traveling, both of which need plenty of preparation and planning.
Whether you are doing the cooking or just doing the eating, here are a few tips to help make this Thanksgiving as stress-free as possible.
A major factor of stress during the holiday season is the feeling of not having enough time in the day to get done what needs to be done. An easy fix to help ease your pressing schedule is to plan ahead and do not wait until the last minute.
- If You Are Hosting – If family and friends are coming to you for the holidays, do your grocery shopping early. Go ahead and buy all the food that you need that will not spoil as early as possible.
- These items may include broth, can vegetables, stuffing ingredients, turkey and proteins, etc. Avoiding grocery stores closer to Thanksgiving will remove a stressful situation from your task and give you peace of mind.
- If You Are Traveling – If you are hitting the road for Thanksgiving, do not wait until the night before to pack healthy snacks with your carry on. This can often lead to forgetting something and also increase stress levels.
- Choose keto snacks such as nuts, cheese sticks, jerky, protein powder packets, vegetables all of which are really low in carbohydrates. You’ll likely be eating too much dessert for the holidays so make good choices whenever possible.
- Pack a busy bag for your children. Tablets are the most popular for storing movies, games, and audiobooks. So bring chargers, earbuds, and a spare battery. Bring color books, crayons or pencils, and they even like physical games like Farkle. Pack them keto snacks and ketones too, they are much more filling than sugary junk and will keep them calmer.
- Take the time to set aside clothes you know you will need leading up to your departure and pack anything you can ahead of time.
Thanksgiving can be a wonderful holiday full of family time and great food. It can also be a speedbump in our fitness goals if we allow it to be. Plan ahead and coordinate some activities for you and your family so that downtime is limited.
We prefer to travel with a tablet that also works great for streaming a fitness program like this short yoga workout that you can do in a bedroom or somewhere out of sight from others.
Being active, especially after the big meal, can help burn a few of those calories that seem to be inevitable during Thanksgiving.
What works well for me when I travel is I stick with intermittent fasting and drinking a lot of water. I only eat between the hours of 11 AM and 7 PM. This allows you some wiggle room when you’re not eating the best, and it assures you won’t gain weight.
Prioritize vegetables and fatty meats at mealtime and eat until you’re pleasantly stuffed so you’re not grazing on sweets.
Stress eating occurs even more around the holiday season and can really set us back on what we are trying to accomplish in regard to fitness.
Instead of trying to completely block the dessert options out, try to find or prepare lighter and healthier dessert choices for you and/or your families like my delicious keto brownies that use Lakanto Sweetener and are extremely low in carbohydrates.
This way you can be smart about what you eat and also avoid the depressed and stressed feeling you would have normally gotten if you had eaten a dessert loaded with sugar.
Pure Therapeutic Ketones
Ketones make “healthy” a lifestyle we can all be successful at!
Do you lack energy and suffer from brain fog (mom’s brain), stubborn belly fat, achy joints, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep?
Would you like my free coaching and earn results like my friends inside our better life community?
Click Here to learn how the Drink Ketones for 10 Day Challenge could help with fat loss, improve your health and athletic performance.
Ketones also help with muscle preservation as you burn body fat….it’s a win/win for both men and women.
We need to be strong and durable as we age so we can take care of ourselves without assistance for as long as possible.
Drinking KETO//OS NAT is diet independent, which means no specific diet is required to enjoy the benefits. This is why this product works so amazingly well!
However, drinking ketones daily, along with consuming lower carbohydrate meals and a consistent exercise routine can improve your well-being.
*Results represented in these images are specific to this individual and may not be representative of your results based upon your diet, exercise, lifestyle, and health factors.