Are you packing your snack with a protein punch? Snacking is a practice done by many. Some people eat out of boredom. Others snack to break up the lull of a long day at the office.
Still, more have a midday snack right before hitting the gym or their home workout. Choosing snacks that are high in protein benefit the body with nutrients that last longer than filling up with carb type snacks.
Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
Certain animal protein sources are linked to a reduced risk of heart disease, improved cholesterol levels, weight loss, and increased muscle mass.
Protein Snack Lists
Which snacks top the protein snack list? So many good things could be considered, although some are not as protein-packed as you would think. How do a few of these stacks up?
- Hummus – Believe it or not hummus is about 2g of protein for a serving. Not the big win you might have thought.
- Eggs – Hard-boiled eggs are a good snack, and people have them all the time. 1 egg sits at 6g of protein. Not bad for 1 egg.
- Almonds – A handful of about 20 almonds is a good choice of with 6g of protein. That is an easy kind of snack to have with you. Very handy in your desk or backpack or briefcase.
- Peanut Butter – 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter with celery or carrots gets you a bit higher at 7g of protein. Not a bad idea to have a jar around if you can withstand the temptation to have more!
- String Cheese – This is the bigger surprise. If you can have dairy, you may be able to find variations of string cheese that have up to 8g of protein per piece.
- Meat Sticks – You can find better quality jerky and meat sticks at health food stores that don’t contain sugar. I like these meat sticks from Amazon.
- HEKA Good Bars – These HEKA bars are high in protein and fat, and only contain 1g of carbs. These bars are very satiating and delicious. My family loves them.
Always check the nutritional information before you make your purchases. Changing up your good protein snack each day will make it less likely that you grab a low nutrient or high carb choice. Sure they might be yummy, that doesn’t mean that they will benefit you in the same way.
Pure Therapeutic Ketones Keep & Preserve Muscle
Ketones make “healthy” a lifestyle we can all be successful at!
Do you lack energy and suffer from brain fog (mom’s brain), stubborn belly fat, achy joints, poor digestion, skin problems, poor sleep?
Would you like my free coaching and earn results like my friends inside our better life community?
Click Here to learn how the Drink Ketones for 10 Day Challenge could help with fat loss, improve your health and athletic performance.
Ketones also help with muscle preservation as you burn body fat….it’s a win/win for both men and women.
We need to be strong and durable as we age so we can take care of ourselves without assistance for as long as possible.
Drinking KETO//OS NAT is diet independent, which means no specific diet is required to enjoy the benefits. This is why this product works so amazingly well!
However, drinking ketones daily, along with consuming lower carbohydrate meals and a consistent exercise routine can improve your well-being.
*Results represented in these images are specific to this individual and may not be representative of your results based upon your diet, exercise, lifestyle, and health factors.